This is a great opportunity for high school students to contribute to their community
Please note: Youth Corps applications for 2022 are closed.
There is a single recruiting period for Youth Corps which starts in January. If you are interested in applying for the Youth Corps for next year, please review the Youth Corps Guidelines and Application at the bottom of this page.
- The Youth Open House will be in early January, 2023 (Date & Time TBA in December, 2022). Prospective Youth Corps members and a parent/legal guardian are encouraged to attend
- We will begin accepting applications starting in January, 2023 (please note: application below is for guidance; it will be updated for 2023 so please wait for the new one)
- Interviews will be in February, 2023
- Accepted applicants are notified in late February and training begins in March
- By state law, applicants must be 16 to ride on the ambulance, so you must be 16 by 6/30/23
- We consider current sophomores and current juniors
- For the safety of crew and patients, all CVAC members, including Youth Corps members, are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination
- Youth Corps members ride on live ambulance calls, assisting with patient care and transport
- Youth Corps members conduct weekly “rig checks” to check equipment and restock supplies
- Some mandatory Saturday training sessions in the spring
- CPR and First Aid certifications
- Location of medical supplies and devices on the ambulance
- Use of several medical devices, such as oxygen and automated stretchers
- A minimum of 3 four-hour shifts per month, all year, including summer. We understand this can be challenging with internships, jobs and vacations. If you are applying, please be prepared to ride consistently during the summer.
- Youth Corps must be at the Ambulance Building during shifts, ready for a call
- Youth Corps shifts:
Weekdays: 3-7 pm and 7-11 pm
Weekends & Holidays: 7-11 am, 11am-3pm, 3-7pm, and 7-11 pm
- Tuesday night “Rig Check & Training” meetings - at least 3 per month are required - again, including summer.
- Complete Rig Test (demonstration of knowledge of supplies on ambulance & use of medical devices) in April, in order to ride
If you have questions, please send an email to: YouthAdvisor@ChappaquaEMS.org